Top Pharmacy Schools in Texas 2019
Do you know which pharmacy school is the top pharmacy schools in Texas?
Ever since high school I’ve been infatuated with college rankings. In particular, I love browsing through the US News rankings. There are other college rankings out there but US News is probably the most known and widely cited. They have been ranking colleges since 1983!
The latest “Best Pharmacy School” ranking used data from 2016. Matt S. wrote an opinion piece on medium opining that the best pharmacy school ranking is not very useful. His reasoning is because of their methodology.
Approximately a year before their ranking is published, US News sent out a peer to peer survey to deans and other administrators to rank pharmacy schools based on their perception of the academic quality of each school or college of pharmacy.
Regardless, US News is a big publication and I have recently noticed that they have expanded their rankings into healthcare. They are now ranking hospitals and even specific physician specialties.
I have followed their rankings since my high school graduation in 2002 so I’m sticking with them.
Here are the top 10 pharmacy schools in the US since 2016, US News’ latest data for pharmacy.
- University of North Caroline–Chapel Hill
- University of Minnesota
- University of California–San Francisco
- University of Michigan–Ann Arbor (tied for #3)
- University of Texas–Austin (tied for #3)
- Ohio State University
- University of Illinois–Chicago (tied for #6)
- Purdue University
- University of Florida
- University of Maryland–Baltimore
Meanwhile, back to the Lonestar state, we have Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center coming in at #36, the University of Houston at #44, Texas A&M Health Science Center-Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy School at #53, and finally the University of the Incarnate Word at #81. The US News pharmacy ranking concluded at #98.
So the top pharmacy schools in Texas are:
- University of Texas–Austin
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- University of Houston
- Texas A&M Health Sciences Center-Irma Lerman Rangel College of Pharmacy
- University of the Incarnate Word-Feik School of Pharmacy
There are other pharmacy schools in Texas that is either too new or didn’t make it to the top 98 pharmacy schools rankings. Here is the full list of Texas pharmacy schools and colleges.
- Texas A&M Health Science Center Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy
- Texas Southern University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy
- University of Houston College of Pharmacy
- University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy
- University of North Texas System College of Pharmacy
- University of Texas College of Pharmacy
- University of Texas at Tyler
- University of Texas at El Paso